Free mortgage advice and financing tips from the top lending team in Los Angeles.
Helping first time home buyers with financing since 2002.
Mortgage Blog Categories:
Let’s take a look at millennials’ financial history
There’s no way around it: you have to build a budget
How much should millennials plan to spend on a home?
What if you fail the 28% rule of thumb test?
What about if you don’t have enough for a down payment?
What else should millennial homebuyers know?
Best Apps for Remote Working
Remote Project Management Challenges and Solutions
Training Remote Employees
Best Remote Team Building Activities
What to consider when building an ADU
Financial Advice from Family and Friends is Free
Reality Check Your Dream House
Options for Making Your Dream Home a Reality
How-To: Fancy Decoupage Eggs + Slammin’ Spring Cocktail
I love Easter. It’s a time where my friends and family gather to celebrate that Spring has finally sprung. And what better way to kick off the holiday than a combo of drinks and decorating Easter eggs?
But not just any drinks and decorating – the berry cocktail is so incredibly delicious. It’s simple to make and perfect for an afternoon brunch, although if you’re like me, you’ll find reasons to whip them up for many other occasions. And the decoupage egg project is so easy to do, yet the finished piece will make you look like the Picasso of egg artists.
So what are we waiting for? Let’s check out these Spring-inspired projects:
Slammin’ Spring Cocktail Recipe
- 2 cups chopped watermelon
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup chilled coconut water
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or honey is yummy too)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup ice
- 2 – 4 shots of white rum
- Add watermelon, strawberries, coconut water, agave nectar and lime juice to blender and pulse until smooth.
- Add cup of ice to the blender and pulse until you like the consistency.
- Divide the cocktail into four glasses. For a stronger cocktail (yes please!) add one shot of rum or vodka to each glass. You can also add extra ice cubes to make it extra icy cold.
- Garnish with strawberry slices or lemon wedges and serve. Cheers!
Fancy Decoupage Eggs How To
- Blown out eggs
- Mod podge
- Paint brush
- Paper cutouts
- Pierce both sides of egg with sharp knife and gently twist to widen the hole just slightly.
- Using a straightened bobby pin, insert into the bottom hole, pierce the yolk and stir.
- Hold the egg (the bottom hole down) over a bowl. Insert a rubber ear syringe into the top hole and blow air into, in order to expel the egg yolk out the bottom. Rinse the egg with warm water. Blow air into egg again to make sure all contents are expelled and let dry.
- Important, do not skip this step: Take a sip (or more) of your cocktail while you wait for eggs to dry.
- Once egg is dry, cut out paper designs from a magazine, gift wrap paper or paper napkin, and then glue the design on your egg with mod podge. Let the egg dry.
- Once the egg is dry, add a layer of mod podge, covering the whole egg to seal it
- Voila! You’ve got yourself a pretty decoupaged egg to use for your Easter decor. Repeat and create other designs with more eggs.
Have a very happy Easter!
Header image source: Andrés Nieto Porras from Palma de Mallorca, España, CC BY-SA 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons